OpenSG Users Group Meeting Special Event – don’t miss out on this important opportunity!
On behalf of the UCA International Users Group (UCAIug) and the Open Smart Grid Subcommittee (OpenSG), we are pleased to invite you to participate in a Smart Grid Policymaker Panel Session and Evening at the National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center on Wednesday May 5, 2010 from 6-10 pm. This event is exclusive to full conference registrants of the OpenSG Users Group meeting being held on May 3-6 at the Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner. If you have not registered for the meeting, you can registere HERE. The panel session and event is hosted by Pepco Holdings, Inc. and the Edison Electric Institute (EEI). The theme of the panel session will be How does the Customer benefit from the Smart Grid?
6:00 – 7:00pm: Smart Grid Policymaker Panel Session, Airbus IMAX Theater
7:00 – 9:00pm: Networking Reception, Museum Floor
9:00 – 10:00pm: (Optional) IMAX Movie:
Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag (49 min.)
The panel session will provide a unique setting for national policy leaders in Washington to share their insights on the potential benefits and challenges related to successful customer understanding and adoption of these new technologies with many of the architects who are designing the future Smart Grid. The following leaders have confirmed their participation in what we believe will be a very unique discussion with our nation’s top policymakers and technologists:
- Patricia A. Hoffman, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, U.S. Department of Energy
- George Arnold, National Coordinator for Smart Grid Interoperability, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Nick Sinai, Energy and Environment, Director National Broadband Task Force, Office of Strategic Planning and Policy Analysis, Federal Communications Commission
- Brian Markwalter, VP Technology and Standards, Consumer Electronics Association
- Thomas R. Kuhn, President, Edison Electric Institute
- Joseph M. Rigby, Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer, Pepco Holdings, Inc. (Moderator)
Following the Panel Session, participants and panelist will get to continue their discussions while enjoying heavy hors d'oeuvres and beverages and benefiting from full access to the museum and its displays. You can leave after the reception at 9:00pm, or stay for the IMAX movie: Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag.
Transportation from the Ritz Carlton to and from the National Air and Space Museum will be provided. Buses are scheduled to leave the Ritz-Carlton at 5:15pm, and will leave the museum at 9:00pm and 10:00pm.
We very much hope you will be able to share in this unique opportunity. Be sure to select this event when you register for the OpenSG Users Group meeting or contact Belinda Lucero, OpenSG Event Manager at (925) 275-6698 (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
PHI and EEI would like to thank the following Sponsors for their generous support: